Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Manga suggestions....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Besides all the WONDERFUL titles offered at sakura-crisis, does anyone have a manga they absolutely love that they would reccomend to me? If so, can you provide a link? Also, if anyone has scanlation sites that they LOVE, please tell me! ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 05, 2005 06:50 PM: Message edited by: fscgirl ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hm... depends on what you're into [img]tongue.gif[/img] yaoi, shonen-ai? Shoujo? bleh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I personally like Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Aishiteruze Baby, and Peace Maker [img]tongue.gif[/img] but you know.. they're hard to come by without IRC...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am a new convert to shonen-ai! [img]tongue.gif[/img] But man, I'm screwed without IRC! [img]mad.gif[/img] Someday I'll figure out how to use it... hopefully. So Yuy, can you tell me more about yourself, or would you rather not answer?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd say most of my personnal favorites to introduce people to it are, beside s-c, on Hochuuami.(link) because they value the esthetics of the manga very much and have magnificient editors. Beleive me, it makes a whole difference in reading a manga. (*beeing a free-lance editor herself, she easily recognise crappy jobs ^-^ * ). So that's a good place for a good time.

    Otherwise.. check out Ayano Yamane's works, which can be found mostly at Nakama these times.
    Personnal favorites? Lawfull Drug, FAKE (that I buyed to support =p), Our Kingdom,...

    For links and update on yaoi/sh-ai, check out Tokudane (link). They also hold a list of scanlation sites.

    for information about us: I suggest you hang around the board around, and you'll know the crew just fine. ^____^ be patient, learn to know us, we don't bite..that much XD

    [edit] By the way, you can get general infor about someone just by the reply. Their number of posts reflects how long/active they've been here, the signature often holds some kind of art/manga site link and otherwise there's always the 'homepage' little icon on the top border where you could click to see one's page ^__^ [/edit]

    Likewise, you'll figure IRC soon. Took me a month ?__?;; but it's worth it, very usefull, fast, good way of meeting people. Good luck with it!

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Yue ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the support Yue! Now I just have to get my dad to pay for the IRC! Maybe I'll tell him I need it for school, right? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I LOVE Hochuuami!!! I visit their site everyday too. I also love Lawful Drug and Our Kingdom. I used to get Our Kingdom from Aku-Tenshi, but they stopped scanlating it. So I never found out what happened in the end. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Do you have scanlations of that you could send to me? [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] I would love to see what happens in the end. Hopefully Love Mode won't get licensed before I can find out the ending! I think I would die! Well, thanks for all your help Yue! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *coughts* why would you pay for mIRC?

    The thing about 'your XX days are expire' day thingy? Just click on 'continue' and go on! ^^; REally. I've been 'expired' for the past.. 235 days if I'm correct. (you can always support the guy who created this very nifty programm of course!)

    They stopped My Kingdom? I hadn't realised ^^; I'm not that up-to date heheh

    If love Mode do get licened before the end, we'll just have the buy the original manga then *__* ( wouldn't mind) ^_~
    (yes, the avatar's cute)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah... the thing is, I don't think my parents would want to buy yaoi manga for me.... I don't have any money of my own to speak of. I'm just a lowly college student (well, soon to be college student, since I'm skipping my senior year and graduating early!) [img]wink.gif[/img] Lets just pray it doesn't get liscensed!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aah.. i don't understand IRC.. ._.'' So i've never used it. >W<

    hmm. i don't really go to scanlation sites that much, other than Sakura Crisis. ^^;; As for manga that I like... erm. Death Note is my current obsession.... ^^; you can find it.. erm. here:

    http://manga.anime-source.com/manga/...me=Manga&id=10

    heheh.. Love Mode. ><;; i never continued reading it... but i wouldn't mind if it were licenced, i'd definitely buy it if i could... <<;;

    ...just not when my parents are around.... <<;; I'm still in high school and gots a few more years till i graduate. >w<;;

  9. #9
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Same here Miyun! I'm in my Junior year of highschool, but I'm graduating a year early! But, I still can't read yaoi in front of my parents... so I've got to be sneeky! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've finally started to understand IRC though... thank god... I use the apple version, but if you have any questions, I might be able to help! ^^

  10. #10
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    umm.. >w< that would make me a year younger than you. ^^- I have two more years till graduation... but i live in England, so the system may be slightly different. ^^-

    I'm on windows, and I don't even have IRC. i'm too frightened to download it, considering what i supposedly did to the other computer... ._.'' yeah.

    I too have to be sneaky, but it's okay, i guess. they haven't really found out, other than a slight "Erm... why are there gay websites on the computer? Is this stuff yours or your brother's?" o-O; considering my brother is 9... they sure are suspicious.

    in any case... yeah. ^^-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •